Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hot Fudge Sundae

Today was the worst day of my life. I stood in the long line at Mc Donald’s at the Eaton Centre, my sweet tooth aching for a hot fudge sundae. I have a memory of when I was a kid, sitting on the grass with my rose-pink sun hat protecting me from that bright fireball blazing in the sky, refreshing myself with the ice cream in the warm air hugging my skin. Now I’m 16, trying to make something out of my life with this hot fudge sundae. Like everything else in life, a moment of pleasure – and it’s gone. Looking for that near-enough substitution is like deciding to drink Pepsi or Coke, but then we forget pop is unhealthy anyway; so why strangle yourself? I waited in that ridulous line of hungry people and when I finally came to the cashier, the woman in the blue visor told me, "sorry, the ice cream machine is broken." ...and so the wait wasn't worth it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment