Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Beggar Prince

She dumped me. That's why I'm here. I did stuff for her. I'd shampoo her head if she let me. There's nothing wrong with me. I don't know why she did it, but I'm still here. Whole as can be. I'm still livin'. What's she doing? Waitressing at a restaurant, living the life of a dog. Her break up with me did me good. I'll do what I want. It don't matter. Nothin' matters. But in your case, I know your job matters. Your girlfriend, your kids, your moms, your dad. Forget that. Forget them, and you can do what you want. So what, you paid 5 bucks for your Harvey's cheeseburger. I'm eating the same one. and guess what - for free! So what I didn’t get it from the store, or watch it gettin’ made. Doesn't change the fact it's still food. That's your problem. That's everybody's problem these days. You guys are so ego-centric. You guys work your whole life, just to be able to say "I bought that burger.” What if I took all my clothes off? And then you took off all of yours. We both the same ain’t we?

Note: The Beggar Prince is a real person that inspired me to write this.
http://www.collagecouture.com/2010/03/07/beggar-princes-homeless-fashion-dg/

No comments:

Post a Comment