Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chingu 1 - Intro

Hi, my name is Chaya Oum. People feel awkward when they meet me for the first time because of my name. This one girl thought I was a girl until she met me and I told her my name. Some people are just uncomfortable saying my name. Especially talking to me because my skin is black as night - I'm Cambodian. I feel small when I'm with my friends, but I'm bulky. They call me and my bestfriend, Paul, "chubby buddies." He's Mexican and part Chinese, so he's a contrast of me. You'll most likely see him in a Spiderman T-shirt or a printed tee with an image of his favourite things, like a girl doing something that girls totally don't do, but is rad anyways - like surfing. When it gets cold, you'll see him in a basic long sleeve, with a stripe or 2 sometimes, or he'll just throw on a zip-up hoody on top of his way-cool tees. With me, I'm just wearing whatever teenage boys are wearing in the music videos these days, like solid colored plaids are in right now, and whatever the New Boyz are wearing. And you can never go wrong with Nikes, Vans, and Converse. Yeah, I'm keeping a journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment